Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Psychological torture "for the children"

  This past Friday in the sleepy little nowheresberg of Halfway, OR teachers at the Pine Eagle Charter School were gathered in the break room during a teacher inservice day when the unthinkable happened: Masked men broke through the door and began shooting the terrified people inside. Within seconds, it was all over.

  Pine Eagle Principal Cammie DeCastro's after-action report was blunt: Not many of the teachers would have survived had this been a REAL shooting. Only 2 of her 15 teachers "lived" through the exercise. After the time and training that the school had put into preparing for this event, she was disappointed in her staff's performance.

  You see, this was just a test. The shooters were members of the local Sheriff's office, the ammunition fired was all blanks. Everyone was in on the test... except for the teachers themselves

  WHAT THE FUCK? I mean seriously. When does it ever become a good idea to do what amounts to a live-fire exercise WITHOUT TELLING THE OTHER TEAM THEY'RE PLAYING? I am so frothingly angry that after this is written, I'm going to watch videos of ducklings and kittens until the urge to vomit goes away.

  I cannot imagine the terror of all those poor people as the reality of their situation dawned on them - it was happening right here in their little town of 288 people. Armed men were come to kill them. They watched coworkers being shot, they saw their own deaths advancing at them.

  And when the smoke cleared, they were told, "If this were an ACTUAL emergency, you'd all be dead for realsies!!"

  I'd have fucking hit someone. I still might. I'm impressed with the control of these people that they DIDN'T haul off and put the hurting on someone over this.

  I live in the state of Oregon, this is not particularly close to me, but this happened IN MY STATE. I'm writing to all of my elected representatives today, and asking that criminal charges be filed and that everyone involve dint he planning of this cruel, horrific farce lose their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for participating!

We're all adults here, so I want us to all act like it. I will remove trollish, derogatory comments at my own discretion.